March Gladness 2017 is here! Last year’s tournament was really amazing, and this one’s going to be even bigger. This year there will be two separate brackets, one for college groups and one for charities. Together we can raise tens of thousands for charity all in the name of friendly competition!
What’s March Gladness?
March Gladness is our charitable homage to March Madness, the famous NCAA basketball tournament where 64 teams compete in a round-by-round bracket to decide the champion. Our version pits groups and charities on Tab for a Cause against one another in a competition to see who can earn the most Hearts for charity (and win some great prizes along the way!)
How can I participate in the competitions?
The selection process will last from now until March 11. There are two separate brackets. Here’s how you can participate:
- The 64 college groups on Tab for a Cause with the most active members by March 10 at 4:00pm PDT will get spots in the college tournament.
- The 32 most-submitted charities through this form by March 10 at 4:00pm PDT will get spots in the charity bracket.
How do I join a group?
To join a college group on Tab for a Cause, simply navigate to your dashboard and type your desired group name in the search field.
How does my group or charity win?
Just like March Madness, there will be multiple rounds, each one cutting the number of teams in half. In each round, groups and charities will be competing in a head to head matchup with another group to see who can earn or donate the most hearts on Tab for a Cause.
Ways to Earn Hearts
- 1 Heart = Open a Tab on Tab for a Cause
- 1 Heart = Use the Tab for a Cause search widget
- 350 Hearts = Recruit a friend to Tab for a Cause
The winner of the college group tournament will get a scavenger hunt on their campus with over $1,000 in cash prizes. Last year’s scavenger hunt on Princeton’s campus was a huge success, so we knew we had to bring back the prize for another year!
We want all of the charities in the competition to come away with donations, so each round that a charity progresses will earn them a larger donation. 1st round exits will receive $100 each, 2nd round will be $200, then $400, $600, $1,000, and $3,000 for the winning charity!
To make things extra fun, the person who can best predict the outcome of the college bracket will get $100 to use on a Kiva loan!
Let the race to get into the tournament begin!
Join your school group on Tab for a Cause and make sure you’re in the top 64 come March 11! Please post any questions or comments in the comments section below and we will get back to you as soon as possible!
Dates to Remember:
- March 1 – March 10: Selection Process
- March 13 – March 17: First Round
- March 17 – March 20 : Second Round
- March 21 – March 24: Sweet 16
- March 25 – March 28: Elite Eight
- March 28 – March 31: Final Four
- March 31 – April 3: Championship
-Alex and the Tab for a Cause team
Questions? See our FAQ page or comment on this post